Being in my late twenties made me realize that there nothing I could do to turn back and relive my twenties..I mean, I got really freaked about turning THIRTY (ahem..harder to speak out loud)..there were tears on my twenty-eighth birthday (quite literally)..even my friends were not that excited to endure the late twenties blues..at this time I specifically realized as to why exactly birthdays are considered as happy occasions? I mean, what..you turn a year OLDER..it would have been a ball if we would’ve turned a year younger..but surely it ain’t not happening anytime soon (explaining to my self..uff!)
Anyway, the thought of growing old started dawning on me when I turned twenty six..I mean I was in retrospection about my life and what I have achieved till now..I could surely name a thing or two but what troubled me was my unbelievably unhealthy and unflattering lifestyle. I even had bad dreams about aging way too soon, that too with a not so attractive face..with all the adultrated food we eat(unintentionally so) and the trans fats we consume, aging surely wouldn’t be easier..so, I decided to bring some major changes in my lifestyle(to age gracefully, at least)
- Organic food- I pledged (to myself) to consume only organic food..be it the wheat I consume or the cereals I eat..everything in my house would be organic and non-adultrated. This will not only help in aging finely(as it won’t be treated by any chemicals) but will also maintain my health and will keep my family healthy and hearty..also, disease-free.
- Yoga- Yoga is the kind of exercise which works on your holistic development..yoga improves our mental health as well as physical health. (Trust me, it feels great to do yoga)
- Stress free- I decided to withhold the situations of stress..I mean, sure I will face every situation I come across..but with utmost peace and understand..taking stress is never a solution, in fact, it complicates your mental health.
- Avoiding fried food- Fried food is a major cause for skin problems..fried food causes health issues as it obviously does not contain the nutrients our body requires, which in turn causes our skin to age before hand.
- Using anti aging products- I decided to use anti aging products(that are dermatologically attested, of course)..I was suggested to follow the ordinary regimen for aging by a friend..she tried it on and it was definitely helpful for her, even in her forties..she looks not a day older than thirty.
- Stop romanticizing overworking- I had the habit of considering being overworked as a sign of my hard work..which is absolutely not true..my work should be focused on being quality-driven, rather than quantity-driven. What I am trying to say is, that just because I overload myself, I am unable to give good time to myself..which obviously would mean not being able to take care of my skin properly..which would cause aging faster.
- Focus on myself- While focusing on the needs and wants of my family, I tend to forget about what I need or what my skin needs…so from now onward,I pledge to focus more on myself, my health and my skin.